Monday, June 8, 2015

…my brand!

Right from cosmetics, to travel, to clothing, one is familiar with different vendors promoting their wares. Given that perception matters on most fronts – political, social, commercial… I am trying to figure out…my brand!

In the best case scenario, we can concur on a range of issues – economic to entertainment, interpersonal to entrepreneurial! In the midst of it all, I am pretty sure, my experience, my reaction and resolve, my likes and dislikes establish…my brand!

We often hear the expression – it’s my way or Highway- to describe a determined and robust person. Like any other expression, we interpret and internalise each issue differently. My understanding of flexibility and rigidity, conformity and creativity… help me figure out…my brand!   

There is a nice little story by Tagore called “Kartar Bhoot,” or “The Ghost of the Leader,” … “A wise and highly respected leader who received unquestioned admiration from a community had become, in effect, a kind of tyrant when he lived, and enormously more so after he died. The story describes how ridiculously restrained people’s lives became when the dead leader’s recommendations get frozen into inflexible commands. In their impossibly difficult lives, when the members of the community pray to the dead leader to liberate them from their bondage, the leader reminds them that he exists only in their minds—that they are free to liberate themselves whenever they so decide”…In the final analysis, I have to comprehend, accept and live with……my brand! 

No comments:

Post a Comment