It has been customary for us as young kids in early 70s in India to write essays about our “favourite” leader, teacher and friend – glorifying them to divine proportions, larger than life.
This is an attempt to describe My Closest Friend (MCF) to the best of my ability and integrity
- We have known each other for a very very long time – almost the whole of life time
- There is no experience of my life, no ambition, no desire, no fear, no thrill that’s not known to MCF
- MCF is fully aware of my dedication, devotion, determination or limitation thereof
I really value MCF despite the fact that
- It may not be the most talented singer like Jagjit or Nusrat.
- It is certainly not the most gifted scientist, painter or artist
Its difficult, rather impossible, to portray a picture of MCF – its there some where – perhaps within!
As this note is being written, am not sure about the role of MCF – a witness, a mentor, a coach or just the author? For sure it has travelled a long way ….