- It was Newton who “discovered” laws of gravity – Earth pulls us with exactly the same force, as we exert, despite its huge mass.
- Einstein: spent several long years – trying to demonstrate a “unified” force – it still remains to be demonstrated.
- Experience when you can feel the pull of Gravity :-
o Very moving, immensely intense, you feel “pulled”, helplessly teary at the same time fully aware, joyful and blissful – more than just happy! Probably it’s a state beyond duality of happiness & sadness – its bliss!
o Almost “choking experience” – with water taking over airways and dissolving all solid matter within! – and you want it that way !
o You want the experience to last for ever. It seems time stops for few moments!
o Your inner self melts – feels very much in presence of a bigger Self.
o You almost cease to exist as an individual entity - you are sort of “consumed” by the bigger Self – you feel safe & fearless, though there are hardly any feelings!
o Normally this is precipitated by an event or recollection of the event :-
- A song, narration, illustration very dear to you
- Meeting or leaving a very close relation, illuminated being, friend, associate after a long time or in special circumstance!
- One can not engineer this state – though regular practice, meditation and reflection help. The same song, the same episode, the same dialogue may or may not precipitate the experience.
When you try to recount the experience – only few pieces are scattered around! One way to describe it is – that at that moment – you are not concerned as to when the bough breaks!